Our Integrated Comprehensive Droplet Digital Detection, IC3D®, system has been engineered to deliver enrichment-free analytical results as fast and as simply as possible. With unparalleled sensitivity, our system has been designed to process crude samples, eliminating the laborious steps involved in traditional biochemical analysis such as centrifugation, pipetting, and filtration. Fully automated and capable of running a multitude of tests, IC3D® is the most reliable platform for detecting and monitoring pathogenic agents, such as bacteria, viruses, neurological, and cancer biomarkers.
From introducing crude patient samples to getting results in the hands of a qualified healthcare professional, we have eliminated the need for manual work-flow steps that can create contamination risks and produce unreliable results.
Results in under an hour
Traditionally, suspected samples must be cultivated and enriched before any analysis can be performed. This alone can delay results for days and even weeks. Our proprietary integrated system can deliver test analyses and results with unparalleled speed.
Crude unprocessed samples is all you need
Our IC3D® system enables rapid detection of pathogens, biomarkers, and other abnormalities in a variety of unpurified patient sample types, including whole blood, plasma, serum, saliva, sputum, urine, and water. In conventional assays, however, processing and preparing crude samples involves several manual work-flow steps, such as centrifugation, pipetting, and filtration that pose high safety risks, contamination risks, and reliability risks.
Single cell sensitivity
By systematically blasting the entire blood draw into billions of droplets and screening each one for the presence of target bacteria, we offer unprecedented sensitivity.
Rapid Bacteria Detection and AST
- Rapid bacterial detection and antibiotic susceptibility testing in whole blood using one-step, high throughput blood digital PCR. 2020, Lab on a Chip 20, 477-489 [Featured on journal cover]
- A Rapid, Point-of-Care Antibiotic Susceptibility Test for Urinary Tract Infections. 2020, Journal of Medical Microbiology, 69:1
- Rapid detection of single bacteria in unprocessed blood using Integrated Comprehensive Droplet Digital Detection. 2014, Nature Communications 5, 5427
Ultra-sensitive Liquid Biopsy
- An ultrasensitive test for profiling circulating tumor DNA using integrated comprehensive droplet digital detection. 2019, Lab on a Chip 19, 993–1005
- Digital quantification of miRNA directly in plasma using integrated comprehensive droplet digital detection. 2015, Lab on a Chip 15, 4217-4226
Advanced Instrumentation Development
- Fluorescence lifetime detection with particle counting devices. 2019, Biomedical Optics Express 10, 1223–1233