Position Title: Part-Time Laboratory Technician or Internship
Velox is developing an exciting digital droplet technology for clinical diagnostic applications. Velox is seeking an entry level part-time laboratory technician or intern to work with senior level scientists and engineers in the lab on various projects. Upon completion of onsite training, candidate will be expected to perform routine experiments and tasks efficiently and independently. Velox is looking for highly motivated, self-sufficient individuals who will work tenaciously to achieve the goals of the company.
- Standard laboratory bench work includes primarily microfluidic chip fabrication and microfluidic droplet generation (training will be provided and prior knowledge on the subjects is not required)
- Other laboratory work may involve microbiology, molecular biology, and fluorescence imaging
- Practice proper clean fabrication techniques and follow general lab safety protocols
- Maintain proper data recording/reporting, lab notebook keeping, and general organization & cleanliness of lab area through organizing, stocking, and cleaning
- Ability to adhere to set time schedules and meet goals
- Current college students major in biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related fields
- Hands on experience in the laboratory inside and/or outside of the classroom (e.g. undergraduate university research programs and/or internship) and demonstrates willingness to learn new techniques is highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and punctual
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Salary is commensurate with experience. Schedule and hours are negotiable.
Interested candidates please submit your application on Indeed.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to:
Emily Xuning Guo, Ph.D.